The AFDC is proud to announce USAU has selected Club Terminus to host the Pro-Elite Flight Challenge as part of the 2013 Triple Crown Tour, July 20-21 2013 at GSP.
Press release about the Triple Crown Tour from USAU: http://www.usaultimate.org/news/2013-triple-crown-tour-regular-season-announced/
This event is going to be a great opportunity for the AFDC to advance its mission to promote and grow the sport of Ultimate in Atlanta. We hope to put on a great event for the teams and the Atlanta fans.
We’ll be hosting the Men’s and Women’s divisions only. Teams that finished 2012 5th through 16th will be invited to play. This means you’ll have the chance to see some of the best play the game at its highest level right in your backyard. Chain Lightning & Ozone will both be invited and will benefit from traveling to one less tournament while also getting to play in front of their friends and family. What other teams could be there?
Our tournament director Mark Poole and coordinator Barry Clark, with others, will be working hard over the next six months.
- Sectionals will be held on September 7-8 or 14-15. Bids to host are due by June 7, with dates and locations announced by July 26.
- Regionals will be held on September 21-22 or 28-29. Bids to host are due by April 20, with dates and locations announced by May 20.
- All teams that wish to participate in the Post Season Championship Series will need to use the online rostering system to create their Series Roster by Friday 5pm MDT on August 23.
- Every Select or Classic flight team that meets the Roster Deadline will begin the Post Season Championship Series at Sectionals. Based upon the results of Sectionals and the number of bids awarded to that section, qualifying teams will advance to Regionals. Pro and Elite flight teams will enter the Series at Regionals. Based upon the results of Regionals and the number of bids awarded to that region, qualifying teams will advance to the National Championships.
- Pro and Elite flight teams receive a bye to Regionals
- Auto bids to nationals – Each region will receive at least 1 automatic bid. Each region with more than one team in the Pro Flight will receive an additional automatic bid for each team above and beyond the first.