Hey, hey, hey…
Fall Goalty details below. Now updated with core info!
Questions, email the commish Adam McCargo:
- Registration: Monday 8/15-9/2 (click here)
- Draft: Tuesday: 9/6/16 at 7 pm
- League Play: Mondays/Wednesdays starting 9/12 -11/9/16 at Coan Rec.
- Your team will play on either Mondays OR Wednesdays each week. This will allow for more teams.
- EOS: Sunday 11/13/16. Location TBD.
- Registration Fee: $55
- Male/Female Captains Plus One Player (+1) Core: The +1 can be a guy or girl and can be anyone (no rookie requirement like last year) as long as the total 3-person core is under 18 points. Guy rank max is 9, lady rank max is 6.
- Add-On Rookies: You can add up to 3 players (no more than 2 male players) to your core as long they have NOT played AFDC Goalty within the last 2 years. So if a player has played in one or more of the following leagues, they will need to be a captain, a +1 to the captains, or go into the draft.
- 2016 Spring Goaltimate
- 2016 Winter Goaltimate
- 2015 Fall Goaltimate
- 2015 Spring Goaltimate
- 2015 Winter Goaltimate
- 2014 Fall Goaltimate
- No ranking limits on the rookies, so go get some studs and/or studettes on your core.
- Depending on the rookies you add to your core, there will be draft considerations that the Goalty committee (i.e., current Goalty commissioners) will set. Example: if you add a top tier/1st round player to your core you may lose a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but not a 1st round pick. So you still get a solid value for recruiting a rookie, just not as much as last year.
- All rookies equal a lost draft round to keep numbers equal across teams. If they are a true goalty rookie you are most likely to only have to sit out a very late round or possibly the last round.
- You are only required to have a 3-person core, but if we have more cores than teams spots then larger cores will get preferential treatment. Core max is 6 people.
- Captain Pairs and +1 AND Cores Due: Sunday 8/30/16
- Email me at mccargo+FG@gmail.com
***Number of teams: We hope to have at least 8, but I want to get 12. Captain spots are NOT first, come first served. If I get 12 cores but we only have enough players for 8 teams, the top* cores get the spots, while the other cores go into the draft. *Define top: track record for attendance, spirit, knowledge of the game, and the number/quality of new players you recruited.
Let me know if there are any questions.
–Adam McCargo (Fall Goalty Commish)
Photo by Christina Schmidt.