AFDC is a proud partner of the following organizations:
Spin Ultimate is a local Atlanta ultimate apparel company and has been a critical partner of the AFDC since 2008. Dan Konisky, Spin’s owner, has played AFDC leagues since 2005 and is a founder & captain of Reckon, a southeast men’s grand masters team – that finished 5th at Worlds in 2018!
In addition to donations supporting AFDC Grants and YCC teams, Spin offers the following exclusive benefits to AFDC members:
- League jersey pricing: $22 with one-color screen printed logo
- Reversible mesh tank pricing: $22 with one-color screen printed logo on both sides
- Performance tank pricing: $25 with one-color screen printed logo
- Additional print colors: $2.50 per location
- Additional print locations: $4.00 each
- Logo design help generally provided at no charge
- 2-week turnaround for league team orders (in-stock items only)
- Minimum order size: 12
- 15% discount at Spin store orders for AFDC members using promo code AFDC2019
Contact Info@SpinUltimate.com for more information.
Founded in 2018, the Atlanta Soul is Atlanta’s professional women’s ultimate team. Team co-owners, Maddy Frey and Angela Lin have played significant roles in growing women’s ultimate visibility in Atlanta. Angela Lin, a veteran member of Atlanta Ozone and former AFDC Board member, was recently inducted into the Ultimate Hall of Fame. Maddy Frey also serves as the Premier Ultimate League President and helped found our own Atlanta Women’s Ultimate, and Outbreak & Orbit (women’s club teams).
We’re happy to have a partnership with this organization that shares a mission to increase the visibility of female athletes in the sport. Atlanta Soul players are very active in the community – coaching youth teams at the MS, HS & college level, leading Atlanta’s YCC teams, volunteering on AFDC committees, and serving as role models for developing youth players. Look for more outreach efforts in partnership with Atlanta Soul during their off-season, as they help us in leading coaches clinics, women’s league, and facilitate gender equity conversations across the community.
Connect with team leadership at email@example.com.
The Atlanta Hustle represents the city in the American Ultimate Disc League, a professional men’s ultimate league. John Boezi, a team co-owner, was AFDC President from 2012-2018 and spent many years working to grow ultimate in the community. Now, as part of Hustle leadership, these efforts continue by bringing increased visibility to the sport on a national stage.
We’re working together with the Hustle to share resources in continuing to promote ultimate through the following initiatives:
- Providing resources to support community outreach efforts such as discs, volunteers, & marketing / promotional content – Hustle is a co-sponsor of The Color of Ultimate:ATL
- Lowering barriers of entry to players of all backgrounds – Hustle camp scholarships are available to boys & girls
- Providing a stage for youth and women’s ultimate – Hustle hosts various events in the community such as the HS Girls Varsity finals and EuroStars tour