Every year we get in the festive spirit and support Atlanta’s youth ultimate players with a fundraiser for AFDC Grants – our 12 Days (of Christmas) Hat Tournament! Mark your calendar, it’s always the first weekend in December, but check out our main page for a blog post for more details the closer we get.
What is 12 Days?!
- A hat tournament (teams are “drawn from a hat”) benefiting AFDC Grants
- Players sign up individually and are put onto coed teams of 12 (7 guys / 5 girls)
- The 12 teams compete in a two-day tournament
- Starting to see the 12 theme..?
- Do I actually have to wear hat? YES – it’s an Atlanta tradition (see rules below)
- Holiday themed hats & costumes encouraged!
Note, 12 Days is the tournament for adult players. Check out Juniors 12 Days if you’re a youth player.
Photo by Christina Schmidt for UltiPhotos.com
Hat rules – all players must wear a hat at all times while playing. Santa hats, chicken hats, cat in the hats welcome! A VISOR IS NOT A HAT. If your hat falls off while you have the disc, it’s a turn!
Fundraising – thank you for supporting Atlanta youth ultimate players! Your registration fee goes to tournament costs as well as a donation to AFDC Grants which gives scholarships to youth players. These scholarships help middle & high school players participate in leagues, YCC, attend clinics, and offset expenses that may prohibit them from playing the sport we all love. Because 12 Days is our annual fundraiser for this worthy cause, registration fee refunds are not available. You can also donate directly to AFDC Grants here (tax-deductible) and there will be additional fundraising activities you can support during this season of giving.