AFDC Juniors is currently seeking candidates for its Program Coordinator position.
AFDC Jrs Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator, with oversight from the AFDC Juniors Committee, will own and execute programs to facilitate and grow youth disc sport playing opportunities in the greater Atlanta area. Priority should be given to running fun, safe and quality events that promote Spirit of the Game, provide opportunities to both boys and girls and are financially accessible over growth goals alone.
- Develop and execute an annual program plan & budget based on feedback from and approved by the AFDC Juniors Committee
- Organize and implement local disc sport leagues, tournaments, camps, and clinics with support from community & parent volunteers to include:
- Advanced communication & marketing of program details to potential participants
- Setting up & maintaining online information and event registration
- Scheduling & reserving facilities, trainers, vendors, equipment and other providers or resources as necessary
- Ensuring appropriate player registration, rostering, and required documentation is gathered or completed prior to event deadlines
- Recruiting, training & coordinating activities of volunteers to assist in event management duties as necessary
- Track event financials and share timely updates with the Treasurer
- Liaise with USA Ultimate to ensure all USAU affiliate requirements are met and ensure partnership remains in good standing
- Create, publish & distribute public-facing content regarding AFDC Juniors activities, outreach, program calendar, promotional material, etc.
- Develop & maintain internal event documentation to facilitate volunteer on-boarding
- Provide periodic status updates to Juniors Committee members
Currently, AFDC Juniors hosts or participates in the following events that would all be overseen by the Program Coordinator, with some events directly managed as noted below.
- Spring HS (school-based) League & Round Robin tournaments – Program Coordinator
- HS States tournament (if bid accepted) – Program Coordinator
- Spring MS (club) League – Volunteer Commissioner
- Summer (club) League – Volunteer Commissioner
- Juniors Terminus – Volunteer Tournament Director
- Youth Club Championships (YCC) – Volunteer Organizer
- Fall MS (school-based) Metro League – Program Coordinator
- Fall HS (club) League – Volunteer Commissioner
- 12 Days Juniors Hat tournament – Volunteer Tournament Director
- Bi-annual coaches clinics – Program Coordinator
- Annual GAHPERD conference clinic – Program Coordinator
- Experience organizing & executing professional, public-facing events, programs, or productions with preferred experience in youth-focused programing
- Experience managing project budgets
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills across multiple channels and ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders
- Weekday and weekend availability (hours flexible) as necessary
- Ability to acquire National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI) background check and pass SafeSport training
The Program Coordinator is a part-time, contract position under the AFDC, directly supporting the AFDC Juniors Director & Juniors Committee, which will require 15-20 hours on average per week (variations based on program calendar) and receives $20,000 in annual compensation paid monthly.
Interested parties should complete this form to apply or email email@example.com with questions. Qualified applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis starting in February 2019 with the goal to fill the position by March 2019 and start by April 2019.